This is the first of a long list!
In this series, I’ll be writing about the projects I did during my curriculum at EPITA. The posts will briefly describe the projects, and go on about what they taught me, IT-related or otherwise, and for some of them, what anyone can learn by doing such project.
This is quite a first for me, I don’t expect much of it, but I hope it can bring me so hindsight about how a project, however small, can teach me.
Note to the reader This post was written for a school projet, and thus in a hurry. It cleary needs some editing and reviewing as it probably contains inaccurate information. You shouldn’t use this as a reference. You’ve been warned.
As I continue my journey on learning IPv6, I’ll probably come back here and correct and complete it.
Here is a deep dive into how a device configures its IPv6 addresses (Link Local and Global Unicat addresses specifically) when you plug it into a network.
Note to the reader This article was written a long ago and thus: it isn’t up-to-date with my current policy for upgrades and migrations, it isn’t a good postmortem, you probably shouldn’t be reading this. I decided to publish it anyway because I think it can help newcomers to the world of self-hosting to see that everyone makes mistakes.
Sometime around 2019-03-01 02:22:11 UTC Mattermost stopped working because it couldn’t communicate with its database (PostgreSQL).
This project was my first long project, at EPITA or otherwise, IT-related or otherwise. It was about making a game, how exciting!
About the project The project happens during the second semester of the first year at EPITA. The subject is very free, with only a few constraints: it has to be in C# or OCaml. We were allowed to use a game engine, Unity3D. It lasts about 5 months, with a few intermediary steps: